WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the participant and/or his/her parent being permitted to register the participant, and participate at the AKHockey Skatemill and Skills Centre, Konecsni Hockey Skating, and High Performance Hockey related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while
particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown even arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume FULL responsibility for my participation.
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe and unusual significant hazards during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assign personal representatives and next of kin, we HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AKHOCKEY INC. AND HIGH PERFORMANCE HOCKEY INC. its directors, instructors, employees and any person or corporation herewith from all manner of action, injury, illness (including COVID-19), damages, costs, claims or demands which we shall or may hereafter have, suffer or receive by reason of such participant in any programs or camps. The release shall be binding on our their, assigns, executors and administrators.
5) I further consent to AKHockey and High Performance Hockey to use any pictures taken of the participant during any programs or camps for marketing and promotional purposes without charge.
6) I acknowledge and willingly accept that all camp sales are final. If I have registered but cannot attend camp a full credit will be provided that can be used for any AKHockey service in the future. A refund will only be issued if a valid doctor’s note is provided confirming inability to participate in the respective camp.
7.) I willing consent AKHockey to add my provided email to their subscribed mailing list knowing that opting out of promotional and informational emails can occur at any time.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
As or on behalf of the PARTICIPANT I also agree to the following extraordinary conditions specific to AKHockey’s COVID-19 response:
- Any user experiencing symptoms of the virus or who has been exposed to anyone experiencing symptoms of the virus is prohibited from entering our facility.
- For the skatemill a maximum of 3 players and 2 coaches will be permitted per session. No spectators allowed. For on ice sessions a maximum of 10 players and 2 coaches will be permitted per session. No spectators allowed.
- Customers may enter the building only after an AKHockey staff member has signalled that it is safe to do so.
- Upon entering the building all users are required to use the hand sanitizer located in the entrance, please maintain social distancing at all times (if not all from the same household).
- Water bottles are to be labeled and filled off-site. The dressing room water dispenser will be unavailable.
- Sharing of water bottles is strictly prohibited while in the facility.
- The dressing room hallway washroom is available for emergency use only.
We recognize these temporary limitations are not optimal, however they are necessary in order for AKHockey to maintain compliance with current Provincial Health Authority COVID-19 guidelines. We will notify customers of any changes to these policies as restrictions are removed. Unless otherwise stated, the above policies apply until further notice.