Wavier and Release of Liability & Refund Policy
In consideration of the participant and/or his/her parent being permitted to register the participant, and participate at the AKHockey Skatemill and Skills Centre and High Performance Hockey related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1) The risk of injury from activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2) I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown even arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume FULL responsibility for my participation.
3) I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe and unusual significant hazards during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4) I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assign personal representatives and next of kin, we HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS AKHOCKEY INC. AND HIGH PERFORMANCE HOCKEY INC. its directors, instructors, employees and any person or corporation herewith from all manner of action, injury, damages, costs, claims or demands which we shall or may hereafter have, suffer or receive by reason of such participant in any programs or camps. The release shall be binding on our their, assigns, executors and administrators.
5) I further consent to AKHockey and High Performance Hockey to use any pictures taken of the participant during any programs or camps for marketing and promotional purposes without charge.
6.) I willingly consent AKHockey to add my provided email to their subscribed mailing list knowing that opting out of promotional and informational emails can occur any time I choose.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, I consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the releasees. I release and agree to indemnify the releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above.
1) Cancellations to skatemill appointments must be made 24 hours in advance in order to avoid being charged for that session. If a session is missed or a cancellation is made with less than 24 hours notice, the client will be charged for the applicable skatemill session(s). Exceptions will be made for those who provide notification from a Doctor for any injury or illness.
2) Payment for AKHockey On-Ice Sessions are non-refundable, however if the applicant has a medical reason that won’t allow them to attend we will provide credit towards any future purchase. In this case we require notification from a Doctor. Refunds or credits will not be issued without valid cause.
3) If you choose to cancel your registration, you will be subject to transaction fees equal to the amount charged to AKHockey.